Will you be there on race day?
The Zack's Run 5K Run is open to all runners who seek a challenge, a good course, or just a healthy way to lend support in the Zachary Hebda Foundation's race against childhood cancer. The race starts and finishes on the University of Maryland, College Park campus, outside of the brand new Comcast Center and traverses an exciting course through the scenic campus of the University of Maryland.
In addition to the fast course, there will be a one mile non-competitive Fun Run/Walk available for children and adults of all ages. All participants will receive a 100% cotton "Zack's Run" T-shirt.
Post-race festivities include food, face painting, fun and great random prizes donated by area restaurants and retailers. Valuable awards and merchandise go to top overall male and female winners and top three male and female finishers in the following age groups: 12 and under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and over. Awards ceremony will be 15 minutes after the completion of the race (no duplication of awards.) Prizes will also be awarded to randomly selected bib numbers (must be present to win.)
Join the Zachary Hebda Foundation and the NIH Bone Marrow registration. Give a living gift of life and become a member of the Bone Marrow registry. Although all donors are needed and welcomed, we'd like to emphasize the urgent need for minority donors. Because tissue types are inherited, patients are most likely to find a match within their own racial or ethnic group. Minorities currently represent less than one-fourth of the total volunteer donors registry and therefore and are far less likely to find potentially matched donors than Caucasians. Approximately 30% of all patients in need of a transplant are able to find a matching donor from within their families. The remaining 70%, however, must search the registry of unrelated marrow donors. The screening takes only a few minutes of your time and may save a life. Please take the time after the race and register.